"Welcome to the Auburn Garrett Drive-In"
Built in the 1950’s during the early years of the drive-in theater boom, the theater was a small, single screen drive-in with parking for around 150 cars. It opened on May 16, 1951 as the Tri-Hi Drive-In, showing "Isn't It Romantic." The drive-in was renamed Garrett Drive-In in 1959 and expanded to Auburn Garrett Drive-In Theatre in 1960. The current, much larger screen was erected in the early 1970’s and additional parking was added to bring the theater’s capacity to 420 cars. Audio was originally provided by speakers mounted on pedestals, but is now provided on 88.7 FM radio signal.
The Auburn Garrett Drive-In is open seasonally, April through September. We are alway showing double features and occasionally triple features. Come spend the evening at the Auburn Garrett Drive In.
© 2016 Cinema Associates - Website by Kevin Robbins